Dr. Shapiro -- an expert in functional vision testing and vision therapy -- is well-received in both the holistic and traditional medical circles. He has served as a staff member of the Chiefs of Ophthalmology of Manhattan Eye and Ear and Lenox Hill Hospitals and served as a staff member and clinical supervisor at the New York Light House Low Vision Service.
Dr. Joseph Shapiro provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
Come to Dr. Shapiro's office for a truly thorough examination. Did you know that 20/20 eyesight is not perfect and that a sophisticated visual analysis can require 21 different tests or more!
Find out more about Dr. Shapiro's extraordinary exams.
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Non-surgical correction of Mild to Moderate Nearsightedness and/or Astigmatism with Corneal Molding (Orthokeratology)
- Treatment of Post-Traumatic Vision Syndrome from Head Injury as well as the Neuro-Optometric Treatment of Patients with Stroke, Whiplash, Developmental Delays, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Treatment of Wide Range of Vision Disorders with Photoretinology (Phototherapy, Colored Light Therapy, White Light Flicker Therapy)
Dr. Shapiro is the only optometrist in Manhattan who practices Photoretinology -- the branch of ocular science that uses varying light frequency therapy.
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems, including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Reading, and
Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Strabismus (eye turns) and Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Nearsightedness, Headaches or Computer Vision Syndrome
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
- Ortho-K Contact Lenses - the non-surgical method to improve vision
while you sleep. What is Ortho-K?
Learn about symptoms of visual problems which
affect reading, learning, sports and quality of life.
optometrists, eye doctors, pediatric eye care, eye care, vision care, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Jersey City, Hoboken, New Jersey, New York, NY
Terms and Conditions of Use